**Staff housing is not currently available***
**Work permit sponsorship not available***
Your main focus in this role will be receiving and sorting linens from across the hotel according to fibre, colour and soiled condition. You will be operating washers and dryers in accordance with safety standards and are expected to provide a high standard of service to ensure that the housekeeping department remains efficient and effective.
Once laundry has been cleaned, you will be required to fold, wrap, hang and deliver the laundry to both maid’s rooms across the hotel but also potentially to guest rooms. You will be expected to provide top-level customer service at all times when interacting with guests. At times you may also be required to make minor repairs to items such as torn clothes and linens. It will also be your responsibility to ensure that the laundry room and its equipment is kept in a clean and orderly manner. At busy periods within the hotel, you may be required to support other areas of the housekeeping function.
The ideal candidate will have previous laundry or housekeeping experience, but this is not essential.
We are looking for someone that has excellent communication and organizational skills who is also detail oriented. You will be required to build relationships with not only your team but also our guests, so strong interpersonal skills are also desired. Knowledge of laundry equipment methods and the use and care of standard commercial washing machine equipment is an asset.
In addition, we are also looking for the following qualities:
• Highly responsible and reliable
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow team members with minimum supervision
• Customer service focused
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, a second language is an asset
• Strong attention to detail
• Physically fit
• Able to work long hours on your feet as you will be required to stand and walk around for extended periods.
Here at the Crystal Lodge & Suites, we offer the following benefits:
• Competitive wage
• MSP and medical benefits for full-time employees
• Staff discounts and perks
• Ski pass credit (full-time employees)
• Golf discounts at GolfBC courses
• A fun and positive work environment
• Great location in the centre of Whistler Village with easy access to transit
• A dedicated and supportive management team
• Fun staff events and parties year round
This vacancy is a full time position.